This is one recipe i wanted to write for looong... many of friends had asked me to post this , so here it goes. A simple daily do-able one.
Arachuvita Sambhar :
Vegetables of ur choice : Few famous combinations :
Small Onions (sambhar vengayam)
Ladies Finger (vendakkai)
Tomato, Big Onions, Potato.
or any other vegetables of ur choice
Thuar Dhal - 1 Cup
Coconut - 1 Cup
Tamarind - 1 small lemon sized one.
Dhania - 2-3 teaspoons.
Red Chilli - 6
Fenugreek (Vendayam) - 1/2 spoon
Kadalai paruppu - 1/2 spoon
Pottu Kadalai - 1/2 spoon
Turmeric Powder , Salt Coriander , Curry leaves.
Method of Preparation :
1. Fry dhania,vendayam, red chilli, onion in a spoon of oil .
2. Add coconut,kadalai paruppu and pottu kadalai in the end and remove from stove.
3. Grind together this fried mixture to a smooth paste.
4. Soak thuar dhal in water for a while and pressure cook the same.
5. Soak tamarind in hot water for a while.
6. Boil the tamarind extract till the raw smell goes.
7. Cook the vegetables that u wish to add in sambhar seperately.
8. Add salt and turmeric powder to this and the cooked vegetables.
9. To this add the ground mixture.
10.Mash the thuar dhal nicely and add this to stove.
11.Add water and allow to boil.
12.Garnish with mustard,Coriander and Curry leaves.